Things You Don’t Know About Waxing
- Before you make an appointment, tell your aesthetician Diamond Bar about full skin care history like you have any allergies, health problems or taking any medication.
- Try to avoid visiting your aesthetician one week before your period as hormonal fluctuations will decrease your pain tolerance.
- Do not expose to sun at least 24 hours before and after waxing.
- If you want to choose Brazilian waxing, ensure that your hair is at least 1/8 to 1/4 inch long.
- Do not apply toner to your face when you are going to wax your eyebrows and upper lips because a toner tightens your skin pores. While doing waxing, it hurts so much as it pulls the hair out from the root.
- Keep your skin exfoliated, hydrated and have hair at least 1/3-1/2 inch long for best result.
- Use hair serum like glycolic acid, aloe vera, fruit extracts, vitamin E and lavender as they help to keep your skin soft and hydrated between waxing.
- Hard wax is not the best option for waxing because hard wax breaks and cracks your skin.
- The day before you plan for waxing, exfoliate the area to remove dead skin cells and make the short hair easier to grip.
- Many women think that alcohol consumption will ease the pain, but it tightens your skin pores and lead to painful waxing experience.
- Keep your skin hydrated. Drinking water and applying moisturizer like dry oil spray to your body before waxing to avoid redness.
- You can take a shower just before waxing procedure as your hair pores will be opened, so that your hair can be removed easily with less pain.